The 50th Anniversary National Wilderness Conference is the culminating commemorative event for the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act. The conference was held in Albuquerque, NM, from October 15-19, 2014. 
This conference is a multi-day event including presentations, panel discussions, exhibits, field trips, and skill-development workshops. The conference will provide ample opportunity for networking and share ideas, will be held in the United States, share lessons learned, and discuss emerging challenges in wilderness stewardship. Conference tracks will include history, stewardship, education, experience, civic engagement, and science. 
Empowering and empowering participants’ commitment to wilderness stewardship in a time of unprecedented environmental and social change;  meanwhile, it also aims to honor the achievement of a half-century of permanent protection for America’s wilderness under the Wilderness Act .
The National Wilderness Conference was produced by the Wilderness50, a diverse coalition of non-profit organizations, government agencies, and academic institutions  -including the Pew Charitable Trusts, Wilderness Society, Sierra Club, Back Country Horsemen of America, Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, Conservation Lands Foundation, Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service, Forest Service, and National Park Service.
- National Wilderness Preservation System
- List of US Wilderness Areas
- Natural heritage
- Wilderness Act of 1964
- Eastern Wilderness Act of 1974
- Boundary Waters Canoe Wilderness Area Act of 1978
- Alaska National Interest Lands Conservation Act of 1980
- California Wilderness Act of 1984
- Northern California Coastal Wild Heritage Wilderness Act of 2006
- Public Land Management Omnibus Act of 2009
- Jump up^ “National Wilderness Conference” .
- Jump up^ Lambert, Lee (2013-12-02). “50th Anniversary Conference and Exhibition” . Society for Wilderness Stewardship.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Hundreds of activities planned as lead-up to September 2014 Anniversary” (Press release). Sierra Club . 2013-09-04.