The Earth Summits are Decennial Meetings of World Leaders, organized with the help of the United Nations . The aim is to bring together the best individuals and organizations of the world, to identify the world, to identify the world, and to identify the most pressing challenges, to quantify them, to identify solutions and to develop a plan of action. a wall. This Plan of Action s’intitule Agenda 21 and Implemented by Many local gouvernements under the name Local Agenda 21 . The plan of action is designed as a TQM – Total Quality Manual, designed smartly and open enough, so that organizations, companies and individuals can use it as a basis for their own plan of action and guidance. it helps speed up understanding and identifying partners by using similar wordings and symbols. The 2000-2015 Millennium Development Goals and the 2015-2030 Global Goals are results from these Earth Summits. The first summit took place in Stockholm ([Sweden]) in 1972, the second in Nairobi ( Kenya ) in 1982, the third in Rio de Janeiro ( Brazil ) in 1992 and the fourth in Johannesburg ( South Africa) in 2002. Last Earth Summit, called Rio + 20 , also took place in Rio de Janeiro in 2012.
Evidence of the development of a global culture of respect for the environment, the Earth Summits are symbolically very important – United Nations Observances  Calendar – they aim to demonstrate the collective capacity to manage, address and bring attention to humanities most pressing challenges, global problems, and the need to respect ecological constraints. The United Nations Environment Program ( UNEP ), while the 1992 Summit launched the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change ( UNFCCC ), whose signatory countries have met annually since 1995.
List of Earth Summits
- 1972 – The United Nations Conference on the Human Environment ( UNCHS )
- 1982 – The 1982 Earth Summit in Nairobi ( Kenya ). An Earth Summit was held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 10 to 18 May 1982. The events of the time (Cold War) and the disinterest of US President Ronald Reagan (who appointed his delegated daughter of the United States) made this summit a failure . It is not even mentioned as an official Earth Summit.
- 1992 – The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development ( UNCED ) in Rio de Janeiro ( Brazil )
- 2002 – The World Summit on Sustainable Development ( WSSD ) in Johannesburg ( South Africa )
- 2012 – The United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development ( UNCSD ) or Rio + 20 , also took place in Rio de Janeiro ( Brazil )
- Jump up^ http://www.un.org/en/sections/observances/united-nations-observances/index.html