The Earth Negotiations Bulletin ( ENB ) is a periodic internet news publication covering negotiations, workshops and conferences on international law.  It is published daily, in the form of, and with email, Facebook and Twitter feeds, during conferences of the parties to multilateral environmental agreements ; and is a publication of the Reporting Services division of the International Institute for Sustainable Development . The publication and division are based in New York City.
During the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro, a small group of environmental journalists published a daily bulletin describing the proceedings. The publication of the International Institute for Sustainable Development, a sustainability think tank based in Winnipeg, Canada, which has been assembled to provide ongoing coverage of follow-up meetings and processes in Rio.
Bulletins for each workshop or conference are written and edited by a small team of consultants selected from the world, drawn primarily from academia and international affairs. Many writers join the team while in graduate school and eventually move on to international organizations. Conversely, retired career diplomats from the United States, Russia and China have also brought their experience to the team.  
The ENB covers a range of topics in sustainability. Core coverage areas include:
- Sustainable Development , including the Commission on Sustainable Development
- Biodiversity and Wildlife , including the Convention on Biological Diversity , Commission on Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture , Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species , Convention on Migratory Species , and Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (formerly the International Mechanism of Scientific Expertise on Biodiversity )
- Chemicals Management, including the Basel Convention , Rotterdam Convention and Stockholm Convention
- Climate and Atmosphere , including the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change , Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change , and Montreal Protocol
- Forests , Deserts and Land , including the United Nations Forum on Forests , the International Tropical Timber Organization Council, and the FAO Committee on Forestry
- Human Development , including UN-HABITAT
- Organizations , including the United Nations Environment Program
- Trade and Investment, including the Global Environment Facility
- Water , Oceans and Wetlands , The World Water Forum , Global Conference on Oceans, Coasts and Islands , The Informal Consultative Process on Oceans and the Law of the Sea , The Straddling Fish Stocks Agreement , The Working Group on Marine Biodiversity Beyond Areas of National Jurisdiction, and the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands .
Reporting teams are also responsible for a variety of conferences on the subject of sustainability. These conferences include regional negotiations, conferences dealing with sustainability in specific industries, and the International Hydropower Association World Congress on Sustainable Hydropower, and special-interest days within larger conferences, such as “Business Day” during UN Climate Change conferences.
- Jump up^ Chasek, Pamela S. (2001). “The State of the Earth Negotiations”. Review of European Community and International Environmental Law . 10 (2): 168-176. doi : 10.1111 / 1467-9388.00273 . ISSN 0962-8797 .
- Jump up^ Current ENB Team, IISD Reporting Services
- Jump up^ Training ENB Team, IISD Reporting Services