Breakthrough Energy Coalition is a global group of 28 high net worth investors from 10 countries committed to funding clean energy companies from the Innovation Initiative , which was also announced at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference . 
In November 2015, the group annoncé That It Would loved to bolster Governmental support in renewable energy Such as solar energy and wind power to $ 20 trillion. 
In December 2016, a group of investors collectively with US $ 170 trillion announced more than US $ 1 trillion fund to “focused on fighting climate change by investing in clean energy innovation.” The fund is named Breakthrough Energy Ventures fund. 
The group is spearheaded by Bill Gates , who previously announced a $ 2 billion investment,  and includes:  
- Jeff Bezos
- Marc Benioff
- Richard Branson
- Reid Hoffman
- Jack Ma
- George Soros
- Tom Steyer
- Meg Whitman
- Mark Zuckerberg
- University of California was the sole institutional investor at launch. 
- Nat Simons
It has been criticized that the coalition has been announced too early. At launch, a Gates Foundation has been appointed, named investors – other than Gates – had not been confirmed. 
The scale, at US $ 20bn of public cash over five years and the initial US $ 2bn of private cash, has also been criticized as inadequate: the World Bank suggests that US $ 100bn would be needed annually. 
- Global Apollo Program
- Innovation Mission
- Jump up^ “Announcing:” Mission Innovation ” ” . The White House . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ Milman, Oliver (November 30, 2015). “Zuckerberg, Gates and other tech titans form clean energy investment coalition” . The Guardian . Guardian Media Group . Retrieved 1 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ http://qz.com/859860/bill-gates-is-leading-a-new-1-billion-fund-focused-on-combatting-climate-change-through-innovation/
- Jump up^ Chhabra, Esha. “Bill Gates Rallies With Tech Leaders To Launch A Multi-Billion Dollar Energy Fund” . Forbes . Forbes, Inc . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ Lapowsky, Issie. “Tech Billionaires Team Up to Take On Climate Change” . Wired . Condé Nast Publications . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ Bellware, Kim. “World’s Tech Giants Team Up For Mega Investment In Clean Energy” . The Huffington Post . The Huffington Post Media Group . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ Green, Emily (29 November 2015). “UC joins Bill Gates’ clean-energy investment initiative” . San Francisco Chronicle . Hearst Corporation . Retrieved 30 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ Primack, Dan. “Bill Gates Clean Energy Plan Is Not Ready for Primetime” . Fortune . Time, Inc. Retrieved 2 December 2015 .
- Jump up^ Davenport, Coral; Wingfield, Nick (8 December 2015). “Bill Gates Takes On Climate Change With Nudges and a Powerful Rolodex” . The New York Times . The New York Times Company . Retrieved 9 December 2015 .