The Tbilisiplus30 or the Fourth International Conference on Environmental Education was held at the Center for Environment Education , Ahmedabad , India between November 24, 2007 and November 28, 2007.  
The conference was the fourth in the series of Conferences on Environmental Education held in Tbilisi ( former USSR ). The second conference was organized in 1977 in Moscow ; and the third conference was held in Thessaloniki in 1997. The United Nations has declared the decade 2005 to 2014 as the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD).  This conference underlined the key role of education in sustainable development.  The participants and delegates from the countries of the globeEducation for Sustainable Development .  They examined the development of environmental education since the first conference, 30 years ago, and set a global agenda for the DESD. This will be a platform for sharing practices and ideas on initiatives in environmental education throughout the world. 
There was a significant amount of participation in workshops on topics such as “Education for Sustainable Development” and “Teacher Education,” research for DESD, “DESD Monitoring and Evaluation,” “ESD and Media,” “Man and Biosphere Reserves ” and ” World Heritage Sites “Floods and Disaster Reduction” and “Education for Sustainable Consumption”. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “A great education conference on environment creates a synergy with DESD” . UNESCO . Retrieved 2007-11-23 . [ permanent dead link ]
- Jump up^ “Fourth International Conference on Environmental Education” . Australian Education International, Australian Government . Retrieved 2007-11-23 .
- Jump up^ “4th International Conference on Environmental Education ‘Environmental Education Towards a Sustainable Future – Partners for the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development ‘ ‘ . Green Buildings . Archived from the original on 2007-10-19 . Retrieved 2007-11-23 .
- Jump up^ “Environmental Education towards a Sustainable Future – Partners for DESD” . Instituto da Conservacao da Natureza . Retrieved 2007-11-24 . [ dead link ]
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Promoting environmental education Towards a sustainable future” . eGov Monitor . Archived from the original on 2011-07-10 . Retrieved 2007-11-24 .