The United Nations Climate Change Conference , COP20 or CMP10 was held in Lima , Peru , from December 1 to 12, 2014.  This was the 20th annual session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 20) to the 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the 10th session of the Meeting of the Parties (CMP 10) to the 1997 Kyoto Protocol .  The conference delegates held negotiations towards a global climate agreement.
While this was conference in the annual series, more attention is directed to the 2015 conference in Paris. A statement made by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon forecast the climate change summit to be Held in September 2014 , aims made no reference to the 2014 organizational conference in Lima or the Paris conference. 
The overarching goal of the conference was to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) to limit the global temperature increase to 2 degrees Celsius above current levels. 
The EU aims a legally binding 40% drop in emissions by 2030 against carbon output in 1990 as baseline. 
Politics of oil producing countries
Before the Conference of Climate Change, the production of oil has increased. 
- Post-Kyoto Protocol negotiations on greenhouse gas emissions
- Politics of global warming
- IPCC Fifth Assessment Report
- Jump up^ Rio Calendar Conventions. Accessed: April 17, 2014.
- Jump up^ “19th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC” . International Institute for Sustainable Development . Retrieved 20 February 2013 .
- Jump up^ “Statement by Ban Ki-moon at World Economic Forum in Davos” . United Nations New Center . Retrieved 31 January2014 .
- Jump up^ “Schedule of Events” (PDF) . United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Archived from the original(PDF) on 12 November 2013 . Retrieved 12 November 2013 .
- Jump up^ says EUThe Guardian 27.11. 2014
- Jump up^ A great chance to refashion itself. Let’s sixteen it, With the black stuff it’s been in years, Europe’s governments must invest in their infrastructureThe Guardian 30.11. 2014